Sunday, June 17, 2007

So much for organic

Remember these? The insiduous weed that develops huge thorns located in my front bed? What I failed to menti0n previously was that while trying to remove these roots and all, I discovered a huge trunk complete with roots that had been buried with an inch or two of soil right in the middle of the bed! The weeds are either suckers from this trunk or their roots are tucked under the trunk roots; I can't figure it out. I have cut them back several times and covered them with several inches of mulch and they keep re-growing. I could keep fighting this battle or pull out the bottle of Weed-B-Gone my father had given me. I chose the latter. Of course, this meant pulling back the mulch and the dirt to expose the stems as much as possible before cutting them back. I now have to leave them in the open for several days meaning I have several large "holes" in my garden. Wish me luck that the poison was worth it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: