Thursday, June 21, 2007

Some asiatic lilies

I once received asiatic lilies in a flower arrangement. They were beautiful, but gave me such a horrendous headache I had to throw them out. That experience alone made me never want to grow them, but I inherited some with the house and they're exquisite, I'm thinking about persuing others (as long as I can always plant them behind roses or something else to hold them up--no staking!). These red ones (the stamens are almost purple)are by the patio and since they don't coordinate with my color scheme, I'll move them down below in the fall; now I've just got to come up with something to hold them up! The beautiful cream colored ones are also around the patio, but they can stay where they are. My only concern is the deer of course; they've devoured my day lilies.

1 comment:

Sunita said...

Very pretty lilies!