Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Favorite Time of Day

I have had a worry on my heart recently, now relieved, that kept me from doing much of what I usually enjoyed. However, there was always one thing I could rally myself for: a nightly "walk" around the yard with Simon and the dogs.


Watching the dogs play,




and enjoy the slide,




doing some weeding and checking for new growth,




feeding the fish (the dogs come running so they can eat too when we call, "Time to feed the fish,")





and watching the various amphibian eggs appear and disappear (the fish eat more than just the food we give them.)







helped me keep going.

Although I didn't do much gardening (or blogging) the past two weeks, I was able to turn to my creation as a meditative retreat that kept me going when I needed it most. It provided me a place to relax and enjoy the moment, a place where I didn't have to throw myself into a project or other distraction to keep my whirling mind still. For a while I was able to ignore all of the "to-do's" around me and just enjoy. My favorite time of day is heaven!

No comments: