Sunday, June 1, 2008

If only seedlings grew like kudzu...

One of my new favorite gardening activities is to check and see if my seeds have sprouted. Usually they have not because it is well under their germination time, like three hours after I planted them or only three days. I'm a pragmatist, but I do have hope and there's just something about the first glimpse of a something hard and round becoming something pointed and green that I find irristable. So if you'll excuse me, it rained and I just want to see if the melon seeds I planted at this morning performed a miracle.

2 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

LOL I'm always checking my seeds too. Sadly I think my direct seeded basil is no longer in existence. I'm going to have to find something else to put there.

Becky said...

It really is addictive isn't it? No basil? That's a hardship in my book! Could you get some plants at the farmers market or something? I'm not sure my basil seeds are coming up either and that's my backup plan.