Monday, June 23, 2008

A Weekend Away

The first thing I did when I arrived home from a weekend out of town was take a walk through the garden and see what changed. Here's what I discovered.

If there was an order to which hosta the deer ate next, I missed my chance to see it. They're all gone! Keep in mind this is the same hosta I showed in my Some Firsts post on the 16th! This is only six days later.


A couple of sunflowers from the cutting garden were sampled as well


The oregano bloomed


and the squash are attempting to escape from the floating row cover! I know I'm supposed to leave it on until I see flowers, but there's at least one bent stem under there. I guess I need to spend some time pulling it in some so that they have more room to grown up instead of out.


1 comment:

Bek said...

I really like the blooms of your oregano. I didn't know that they are supposed to bloom. I guess I will check out some more blooming veggies, just for the blooms itself:)